At TAS Early Learning Centre (ELC), we recognise the importance of each child’s unique qualities.
The kindergarten year provides continuity between the child’s prior experiences and their future learning, supported by the underlying principles of independence, social learning, health and physical development, and language development.
An understanding of early literacy and numeracy, the ability to think and solve problems, the development of imagination and creativity, and a positive approach to learning, all provide a balanced, integrated curriculum for young children.
At TAS ELC, we:
- provide rich, stimulating and challenging programs that are based upon the principles of the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG)
- foster a warm, caring and nurturing family atmosphere
- have dedicated and experienced staff who are committed to, and have a passion for, early childhood education
- have an open, spacious indoor learning environment that supports learning for young children through play, real‐life situations, investigations, focused learning and teaching, and routines and transitions
- integrate modern technologies into the teaching and learning program including the use of iPads and Interactive White Board
- have secure outdoor playground areas with well-equipped resources for age-appropriate skill development
- have Library, Buddies and PMP (perceptual motor program) sessions integrated into the program
- further enhance learning experiences through excursions and incursions
- participate in school activities with the Primary School, where applicable
- have an integrated process to prepare students for Prep
- encourage strong partnerships with parents and families through regular communication
- have access to a variety of Primary School resources and facilities
- adopt a growth mindset to encourage children to choose a challenge, find a solution and use good strategies
- provide explicit teaching of numeracy and literacy with differentiation to cater for varying abilities
“The best Kindy program ever! Our son wanted to spend the night at Kindy because of all the fun!”
Kewarra Beach Campus is a compassionate eco-school surrounded by natural beauty. It is rich in school spirit and proudly promotes sustainability. Children attending the Kindergarten Program in our Early Learning Centre also benefit from the extensive resources of the integrated primary school.
Our team of dedicated, qualified educators view school readiness as a holistic objective, and the early years are seen as a valuable opportunity to instil a lifelong love of learning. As an accredited Nature Play Education provider and Bush Kindy, we inspire curious learners through the hands-on play and inquiry-based discovery that promote social, cognitive, physical and emotional development.
“We’d just like to say ‘Thank you’ to TAS ELC. We’ve really noticed a positive difference in our daughter since being here. Her confidence has improved, and we’ve seen such a difference in her personality as a result of the time and effort invested in her by the educators.”
White Rock Campus (WRC) is a short 15-minute drive from the Cairns CBD, located at the intersection of urban and rural Cairns.
Our team works in partnership with you to ensure your child ‘graduates’ to Prep as a confident learner, equipped with the values of our school as tools for success.