Nomination for P&F positions are now open
The positions available are:
- Vice President
- White Rock Junior Representative
- Kewarra Beach Junior Representative
- White Rock Senior Representative
- Ordinary or friend Representative
The Trinity Anglican School P&F Association is established to be a charity whose purpose is to:
- Conduct fundraising events to raise money for the school to supplement extra-curricular activities and programs for students,
- Provide a link between school staff and parents and other members of the school community in order to enhance educational outcomes, and
- Facilitate other activities to enhance the educational outcomes of students.
Office Bearer Duties:
- Attend meetings first Monday of the month
- Represent Trinity Anglican School and uphold values of TAS
- Support fundraising ideas and activities
Nominations for the above positions must be received by the Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm, Monday 17th February 2020.
To review the current constitution go to the TAS P&F Webpage https://tas.qld.edu.au/tas-community/pf/ this constitution will remain in place until the new “Rules” are endorsed by the Australian Charities and Not for profits Commission. If you would like a copy of the Rules, please contact Sue Crocker email@example.com
P&F AGM Meeting
TAS P&F invites all parents of existing students to attend the P&F Annual General Meeting.
Date: 2nd March 2020
Venue: Classroom C14, White Rock Campus
Time: 6:30pm – Light refreshments
6:45pm – General Meeting and discussion
7:30pm – Conclude
1.Welcome and attendance/apologies
4.New Committee elected
Year 6 teacher, re-lives previous life as a top chef for the P&F Auction prize
Renowned Year 6 teacher Terry Reid re-lives his previous life as a top-grade chef with the assistance of leading chef Bill Keating and hostess (and WRJ teacher) Ms Kendall James to provide a culinary experience for TAS parents Steve and Louise Ford and their friends. The dinner was won as a 2019 P&F auction prize, and the seafood was generously donated by Max Pantacchini at Preston Fresh Seafood.
All in attendance, were treated to a 7 course degustation dinner which included the following dishes:
· Wasabi and avocado crab amuse bouche,
· Sydney Rock oyster with Bhut Jolokia (ghost chilli) Bloody Mary,
· Porcini and Gressingham duck breast ravioli,
· Calamari with scallop, black lip mussels and wild rice and a pomegranate glaze,
· coral trout and monkfish fillets with saffron scented tagliatelle and crusted local leader prawns,
· Burnt orange creme brulee with cointreau and mango sorbet,
· Whole baked King Island brie with raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
TAS Gala Ball was a huge success
The “must attend” event of the year – the TAS Black Tie Gala Ball – was held on Saturday 26th October, 2019 at the Pullman International Hotel.
This year’s theme was ‘reach for the stars’ and included entertainment from the string quartet and the Tall Poppies, a wonderful night was had by all.
Thank you to the TAS P&F Association for putting on such a fantastic event for the TAS community.
TAS P&F Projects
The Parents & Friends Association (P&F) is an essential and active member of the school community, forming a vital link between school and home. The P&F organises fundraising and social events throughout the school year to help raise funds to provide additional resources for TAS students.
Over the past few years, the P&F have raised funds for the purchase of:
- Shade Sail WRJ ($20,000)
- Student travel sponsorship WRS ($500)
- Round Square Donation WRS ($500)
- Playground KBJ ($45,000)
- Portable Sound System x 2 WRJ/KBJ ($5,000)
- Playground WRJ ($30,000)
- 3 D Printers WRS ($10,000)
- Spheros Class Set x 2 WRJ/KBJ ($2,000)
- Bee bots class set x 2 WRJ/KBJ ($1000)
- Ride on Cars (Road safety) ($1400)
- Sporting equipment WRJ / KBJ ($1,100)
- Handball Courts KBJ ($200)
- Number Grid/Games Prep/Kindy area KBJ ($200)
Subcommittees of the P&F operate at White Rock and Kewarra Beach.
If you are interested in becoming involved in the P&F, application forms can be found below and should be completed and returned to the school, addressed to the P&F Secretary.
P&F Management Committee
- President – Sue Crocker.
- Vice President, TAS White Rock – Susan Swanston
- Vice President, TAS Kewarra Beach Junior – James Coll
- Secretary – Sarah Coll
- Treasurer – Robert Gale
- White Rock Junior Representative – currently vacant
- White Rock Senior Representative – Susan Swanston
- Kewarra Beach Representative – Courtney Willliams