Prep - Year 2
Creating the best possible foundationShow me other year levels
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
TAS teachers deliver a program that is based on the pedagogy of the Early Year’s philosophy that moves beyond the requirements of the Australian Curriculum.
Key learning areas include:
- Social and personal learning: Developing a positive identity and co-operation skills.
- Health and physical learning: Developing positive health choices and movement skills.
- English: Developing the three integrated strands of language, literature and literacy.
- Mathematics: Developing the three integrated strands of numbers, measurement and geometry.
- Science: Developing an understanding of science, inquiry skills and human endeavour.
- Humanities: Developing an understanding of the world around us.
- Active learning processes: Enquiring, exploring, investigating, planning, analysing, reflecting, predicting, designing and comparing.
Learning through experience
TAS continues to be one of the highest-ranked schools in Queensland based on a range of academic results, student achievements and enrichment opportunities also known as co-curricular programs. Co-curricular opportunities are available outside of the Australian Curriculum and take place during breaks and before or after school. They aim to extend and develop each child’s academic skills and are an outlet for exploring their curiosity.
In more recent years, these clubs have included:
- Coding, Robotics, Drones, Digital technologies and Esports
- Chess coaching
- Tutoring Assistance Program and Peer-Support Tutoring
- Electives and competitive academics
The early years of schooling are an integral and fundamental part of a child’s education. Research tells us that positive early learning experiences help shape brain development and set the foundation for success in later learning, behaviour and health.
Numeracy learning builds on children’s curiosity and enthusiasm, and challenges children to explore ideas about patterns and relationships, order and predictability, and logic and meaning.