Key to the Past, Present and Future
TAS Libraries provide a welcoming and innovative information gateway that supports teaching and learning at Trinity Anglican School. The vision of TAS Libraries is to empower students and staff to be life-long learners, informed decision makers, confident users of information technologies and enthusiastic readers; teaching them to observe all things.
Each Library presents a stimulating and contemporary learning and research environment. Staff and students have access to the constantly expanding collection of print, digital and technological resources.
Library staff encourage a love of reading by creating inviting reading areas and ensuring the latest fiction and non-fiction books and eBooks are available to staff and students. A variety of activities and events are organised throughout the year to foster interest in books, such as reading challenges, creative writing competitions, author visits and workshops and the annual Children’s Book Week celebrations.
The White Rock Library
This library provides an interactive digital and physical learning space for the students and staff of White Rock Junior and White Rock Senior. By fostering a collaborative, creative and ever-evolving environment, the library aims to keep up to date with the rapidly changing educational landscape. Library facilities include access to the school’s wireless network, current technology, Polycom video conferencing facilities, study and teaching spaces, reading and relaxing zones, a comprehensive and constantly expanding collection of fiction, non-fiction, ebooks, audiobooks, teacher reference texts and research resources such as newspapers, magazines, online subscriptions and video databases. Photocopying and laminating are also available.
- Monday to Thursday – 8 am to 5 pm
- Friday – 8 am to 4 pm
Tung Yep Library (Kewarra Beach)
The Tung-Yep Library provides a contemporary and engaging learning and literacy environment for Kewarra Beach Junior School. The Library’s modern architecture features open plan teaching and reading spaces, access to the school’s wireless network, Polycom video conferencing facilities, extensive teacher resources and a relevant fiction and non-fiction collection for students. The teaching spaces are endowed with current and interactive technology. Photocopying and laminating are also available.
- Monday to Friday – 8 am to 4 pm
Parent and Student Resources
- Encyclopaedia Britannica – school.eb.com.au/storeschoolcard?id=trinityas
- Wheelers eBooks – tas.wheelers.co
- Turnitin – turnitin.com/login_page.asp
- Clickview Online – online.clickview.com.au/SignIn
- Enchanted Learning – enchantedlearning.com/home.html
- Scootle – scootle.edu.au/ec/p/home
- Reading Eggs – http://app.readingeggs.com/login
- Mathletics – http://www.mathletics.com.au/
- Scholastic Learning Zone – Lexile – https://educator-slz04.scholasticlearningzone.com/auth/intl/Login/AUSDPHR
ABC Splash – http://splash.abc.net.au/home#!/home
Skwirk – http://www.skwirk.com.au/
Book Advice and Guidance
- Goodreads – http://www.goodreads.com/
- What Should I Read Next? – http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/
- Children’s Book Council – http://www.cbcaqld.org/
- Premier’s Reading Challenge – http://education.qld.gov.au/schools/readingchallenge/
- Super Summary Study Guides – http://www.supersummary.com
- Cairns Libraries – http://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/library
- State Library of Queensland – http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/
- National Library of Australia – http://www.nla.gov.au/
- UQ Cyberschool – https://www.library.uq.edu.au/blog/tags/cyberschool